Thursday, June 11, 2015

Am I Allowed To Write?



     Feeling like we're allowed to write can be hard sometimes, especially for new writers, so today I'm answering a couple commonly-asked questions about what it takes to be a writer (in vivid and graphic detail, of course).

How Old Do I Need To Be to Start Writing?

     Any age, so long as you have at least a basic understanding of language.

Do I Need To Have a Degree to Be a Writer?

     No.  No degree or certificate is necessary; just a love of words.

Do I Need Permission to Write?

     No.

What If I Feel Like I Need Permission?

     Then I am giving you permission.  Now go, friend; write your masterpiece.

But--

     Shhhhhh.  No buts.  Only writing now.

Wait.  I Write!  Am I a Writer?

     Aye, comrade.  Welcome!  May your days be write-tastic and your hard drive never fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment