Wednesday, February 10, 2016

On A Quest For Critique Partners: The Casual Ties of War



     Hello, everyone!  Maggie here, your spideriest writeriest southern New Yorker schooling in LA.  I've been working hard on a number of projects since coming to AMDA this October, and one of those projects has been my attempt to whip one of my stage plays into shape!
     At this point, I've been through my manuscript about a dozen times with a myriad of pen colors, and I think I've reached the point where a vacuum is no longer useful; I need eyes on the ground.  So here I'm reaching out to anyone and everyone who might have need of a Critique Partner, and also has experience with plays.  It's not necessary that the piece you'd like critiqued right now be a play (though it would be cool if it were), but I do need CPs who know about play structure and what does and doesn't work on stage to help lash this bad boy into shape.
     If, after reading the blurb below, you think you might be interested, send me an email at TheSpiderWriter@gmail.com with a summary of the work you'd like critique on, and if it catches my eye, maybe we can talk shop!  Hope to hear from you soon!


The Casual Ties of War:  A ~13k dramedy of errors about love, duty, and the costs of war.

     Delial does not fall in love with her superiors!  ... Except maybe just this once.  But Soro is so sweet and kind, and better with a blade than anyone Delial's ever met!  And, technically she's not Delial's superior, just a superior.  She's not even older than Delilal, she's younger by two years and then some.  So it's not as bad as when her sister or best friend do it.
     ... Unless Delial mistook Soro for someone she's not, and Soro lied about who she really is in order to feel like she was someone's equal for once.  I mean, that could be so dangerous!  Especially if Delial wasn't who Soro thought, either--and if the mission Delial's on is meant to culminate in the death of someone that Soro's pretending she isn't.
     In the long-running war between Terra and Forma, tundra kingdoms of the frozen north, there's a lot that's been lost, but these young women will soon find out that even in a time of perpetual war, in a place of perpetual frost, there's a lot still left to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment